Snow Reports

Buy with

  • Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Secure data encryption
Payment by credit or debit card Barclays Merchant Services

Ski Instructor Travel Insurance - Ski Insurance

A Ski Instructor is someone who works at a Winter Sports Resort and teaches guests the basics of Skiing. Whether the guests are absolute beginners or advanced Skiers doesn’t matter, Ski Instructors should be experienced and skilled Skiers themselves and able to offer anyone tips on how to improve their technique. This particularly type of job is usually a seasonal job, so called Seasonaire work.

To get a quote by telephone or email, contact us on 0800 047 5065 (FREE) or 01273 773 017

1. Summary of Cover


Section & Cover Limit Per Person Excess
Medical Expenses £10,000,000 £100
Search & Rescue Cover £50,000 £500
Personal Accident £5,000 -
Personal Liability £2,000,000 £200
Activity Equipment £1,000 £75
Delayed Activity Equipment £200 -
Activity Equipment Hire £300 -
Legal Expenses £25,000 -
Curtailment £2,000 £100


Section & Cover Limit Per Person Excess
Personal Possessions £2,000 £75
Delayed Possessions £200 -
Loss of Personal Money £300 £75
Loss of Travel Documents £1,000 £75
Cancellation £5,000 £100
Travel Disruption £1,000 -
Travel Delay £120 -
Abandonment £5,000 £100
End Supplier Failiure £2,500 -

Requirements to be an Ski Instructor

If you are planning on working as a Ski Instructor, whether it is just for the one season or more, make sure you have the correct qualifications to do so: the USA, New Zealand, Europe and Canada all require Internationally recognised qualifications, so it is important to make sure you take the right course.

Types of Qualifications

Depending on which country you choose to train, there are different qualifications and training systems for each, with the main organisations for the United Kingdom, France, New Zealand and Canada listed below.

It is possible to find work both outside of the country in which you trained when certified.

While Level One qualifications from most organisations will allow you to find work, there is more available with a level two Certification upwards.

Level One: Entry level course that will allow you to teach beginners up to advanced wedge turns.

Level Two: Certifies you to teach up to advanced parallel turns.

Level Three: Certifies you to teach all levels up to advanced Skiers, on all terrain and all mountain situations.

Trainer Certificate: Qualifies you to teach other potential Ski Instructors at your resort.

Children's Teacher Certificate: A qualification specifically aimed at teaching children more effectively.

Additional Certification that provides the ISIA stamp.

France- French National System it is notoriously harder to obtain a qualification as a Ski Instructor in France, as they require higher levels of fitness and standards.

Step One - Test Technique: test technique and slalom speed.

Step Two - Pre formation (CSIA or BASI Level 2 equivalent): Instructor training and exam Qualified as an Instructor trainee, which will allow you to work for two years in a Ski School, while you continue your training.

Step Three - Euro Test: giant slalom speed at very high level. Must be completed within four years of step two.

Step Four - ENSA: 15 weeks of training and exams completed over 4-5 years.

Fully qualified, B.E.E.S.1er degree, which will allow you to teach at the highest level anywhere throughout the world.

A level One qualification will certify you to teach on artificial slopes only. To secure your teaching license, you will have to provide proof of a clean, criminal record.

This can then be followed with Levels Two, Three and Four qualifications, the last of which will enable you to teach instructors and experts.


When it comes to working abroad, a six month Tourist Visa will be issued for United Kingdom passport holders on arrival in the country. Generally, a Visa will be required if wish to stay in the country for over 6 months.

Members of the European Union, however, can work freely in other countries in the EU, so a Visa will not be required for working in France.

Important Note:

You are required at all times to wear the appropriate safety equipment, for example protective clothing and / or suitable head protection.

Adventures Travel Insurance is arranged for Jade Stanley Limited through P J Hayman & Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). Registered office: Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6DX. Reg no. 2534965. Underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland Limited except End Supplier Failure which is provided by International Passenger Protection Limited.

Back to top is part of Jade Stanley Limited (JS Insurance).Jade Stanley Limited is a UK company (registered number 3570857) , Registered Office at 5 Chapel Mews, Waterloo Street, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 1AR and is authorised and regulated by the FCA, Financial Conduct Authority (Number:306205)
Our policies are underwritten by Ageas Insurance Ltd, White Horse Insurance Ireland dac and Union Reiseversicherung AG. UK Branch.
Terms and Conditions