Safe Skiing Code Information Quote
The safety of yourself and others is paramount and if you are Skiing or Snowboarding, which is why we recommend that you observe the International Ski Federation Safe Skiing Code. RESPECT FOR OTHERS…
The safety of yourself and others is paramount and if you are Skiing or Snowboarding, which is why we recommend that you observe the International Ski Federation Safe Skiing Code.
- RESPECT FOR OTHERS - You must behave in such a way that you do not endanger others.
- CONTROL OF SPEED AND SKIING - You must be in control, and adapt your speed and manner of Skiing or Snowboarding to your ability and the prevailing conditions of terrain, snow and weather, as well as to the density of other Skiers or Snowboarders.
- CHOICE OF ROUTE - You must choose your route in such a way that, when coming from behind, you do not endanger others ahead.
- OVERTAKING - Make sure that you leave enough room when overtaking others for any voluntary or involuntary movements that they may make.
- ENTERING AND STARTING - When entering a marked run, or starting again after stopping, make sure that you look both up and down the run to ensure that you can do so without endangering yourself or other Skiers or Snowboarders.
- STOPPING - Unless absolutely necessary, you must avoid stopping on the piste in narrow places or where visibility is restricted.
- CLIMBING AND DESCENDING ON FOOT - When climbing or descending on foot, you must keep to the sides of the Piste.
- RESPECT FOR SIGNALS AND MARKINGS - You must respect all signals and markings.
- ASSISTANCE - If an accident occurs, every skier is duty bound to assist.
- IDENTIFICATION - Following an accident, every Skier or Snowboarder and witness, whether responsible or not for causing the accident, must exchange names and addresses.
You must ensure that you are adequately supervised, that appropriate safety equipment (such as protective headwear, life jackets etc.) are worn at all times and you do not participate in Skiing for more than 90 days in any one Period of Insurance.
This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and Insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK. Travel Insurance Facilities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.