Safe Skiing Code: Information - Ski-insurance.co.uk
The safety of yourself and others is paramount and if you are Skiing or Snowboarding, which is why we recommend that you observe the International Ski Federation Safe Skiing Code. RESPECT FOR OTHERS…
The safety of yourself and others is paramount and if you are Skiing or Snowboarding, which is why we recommend that you observe the International Ski Federation Safe Skiing Code.
- RESPECT FOR OTHERS - You must behave in such a way that you do not endanger others.
- CONTROL OF SPEED AND SKIING - You must be in control, and adapt your speed and manner of Skiing or Snowboarding to your ability and the prevailing conditions of terrain, snow and weather, as well as to the density of other Skiers or Snowboarders.
- CHOICE OF ROUTE - You must choose your route in such a way that, when coming from behind, you do not endanger others ahead.
- OVERTAKING - Make sure that you leave enough room when overtaking others for any voluntary or involuntary movements that they may make.
- ENTERING AND STARTING - When entering a marked run, or starting again after stopping, make sure that you look both up and down the run to ensure that you can do so without endangering yourself or other Skiers or Snowboarders.
- STOPPING - Unless absolutely necessary, you must avoid stopping on the piste in narrow places or where visibility is restricted.
- CLIMBING AND DESCENDING ON FOOT - When climbing or descending on foot, you must keep to the sides of the Piste.
- RESPECT FOR SIGNALS AND MARKINGS - You must respect all signals and markings.
- ASSISTANCE - If an accident occurs, every skier is duty bound to assist.
- IDENTIFICATION - Following an accident, every Skier or Snowboarder and witness, whether responsible or not for causing the accident, must exchange names and addresses.
You are required at all times to wear the appropriate safety equipment, for example protective clothing and / or suitable head protection.
This insurance contract is between you and White Horse Ireland dac, a company registered in Ireland (Registered Company No. 306045), whose Registered Office is at Rineanna House, Free Zone West, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. This can be checked by visiting their website at www.centralbank.ie